We’re looking for talented, mission-driven people to join the business development team at Fresh EBT.
Fresh EBT is a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. Our mission is to strengthen and supplement the social safety net in the US (read more about our work here and here).
Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month, making Fresh EBT one of the most popular finance apps on the Play and App Stores. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including a16z, Nyca, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network.
The business development team is responsible for driving revenue and crafting valuable partnerships for Fresh EBT users. At Fresh EBT, you’ll be responsible for an array of projects and deliverables, ranging from building an ads business in a new vertical to launching a big partnership for user acquisition.
We’re looking for someone excited to leverage your business skills for social impact -- come join us!
- You’re a business generalist with some experience in sales, client / account management, and / or partnerships
- You’re excited to grow a business from the ground up
- You’re excited about: a ton of responsibility from day one, the variety and pace of early stage start-up life, and, most of all, our mission
Initial responsibilities include:
- Build advertising relationships and broader partnerships
- Close new advertiser customers (develop tailored proposals/respond to RFPs, deliver executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Own the relationship with the customer, driving retention and acting as ‘voice of the customer’ to business and product teams
- Work closely with ad operations / other functions to execute on deliverables
- Build and improve sales materials and case studies
- Lead special projects and partnerships with other stakeholders (e.g., nonprofits, channel partners, etc.)
- 3-5 years experience in business development, sales, partnerships, or other client-facing role; title commensurate with experience
- Deep understanding of digital advertising industry (or interest in learning it!)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with senior-level clients
- Excellent relationship-builder with customer service orientation
- Analytical and able to independently conduct sizing / pricing analyses; comfortable with Excel
- Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors
- Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US
Compensation is competitive and will include salary, commission/bonus, equity, 401k, and full health/vision/dental insurance. Our dog-friendly office is based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.