Propel is seeking a Business Operations Associate to join our mission to modernize America’s safety net.

We make Fresh EBT, a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. 800K users check Fresh EBT monthly across the US. Under our current business model, we vet and promote partners that offer valuable services to our users; current partners include grocery stores, brands, healthcare companies, and nonprofits.

Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale and at a for-profit company. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, and Max Levchin. We're still a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.

You'll join our business team at a critical time as we grow our revenue, build services that deliver value to both our partners and our users, and experiment with wholly new business models.

We’re looking for a detail-oriented Associate to support our business operations. You are excited to join an early-stage, high-growth business with social impact.

You might be coming from the advertising world and looking to grow your strategy / general business skillset. Alternatively, you might have a more generalist business background and are interested in digital marketing.

You’re open to a wide range of responsibilities and expect change; we are excited for you to grow with Propel and to invest in your career development.

Example responsibilities (indicative of your first ~6 months, likely to change over time):

  • Support day-to-day sales efforts through development of collateral and media plans

  • Lead internal implementation of new clients, coordinating with cross-functional teams to launch new campaigns

  • Monitor campaign performance and work with clients / internal teams to optimize performance

  • Develop and manage reporting for Propel clients

  • Create internal tools and conduct ad hoc analyses to improve operations; identify opportunities to improve internal technology

We expect that you’ll spend roughly 60% of your time on core business tasks, which currently involve selling and implementing ad campaigns. You’ll spend the remaining 40% on key projects, which could include scoping new business opportunities, identifying strategic partners, or working cross-functionally to develop new business features.

Requirements:

  • 2 years relevant experience

  • Experience in project and client management

  • Experience in crafting client-ready presentations (excellent PPT skills)

  • Experience in financial modeling / reporting and data analysis (basic SQL, excellent Excel skills)

  • Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment and comfort with ambiguity

  • Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors

  • Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US

Nice to have:

  • Experience in advertising or digital marketing

  • Previous experience in start-up environment or demonstrated entrepreneurial bias

Propel is building a diverse team. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply!