We’re looking for our first sales hire to drive revenue and grow our advertiser base on Fresh EBT.
About Propel: Propel makes Fresh EBT, a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month, making Fresh EBT one of the most popular finance apps in the US. We work with advertisers not only to support our business, but also to help our users find new ways to save money and earn income.
You will be responsible for acquiring new advertisers through both direct customer relationships and agency relationships. You’re excited about end-to-end sales: understanding the customer, figuring out the sales strategy, identifying targets, and executing on sales activities from outreach to close. You have experience working with senior-level advertisers / corporate customers in a consultative fashion.
As our first sales team member, you will have a unique opportunity to establish the landscape for all future sales relationships.
We're a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Nyca, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. We’re looking for someone excited to leverage your business skills for professional growth and social impact -- come join us!
Initial responsibilities include:
- Achieve annual revenue targets through new advertising relationships
- Source new advertisers by diving into a given vertical and identifying top prospects
- Close new advertisers (develop tailored proposals/respond to RFPs, deliver executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Own ongoing client relationships end to end
- Work closely with ad operations / other functions to execute on the campaign
- Act as external expert on Fresh EBT’s users, capabilities, ad units, etc.
- Build and improve sales materials and case studies
- Serve as a “voice of the advertiser” to broader business and product teams
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in online advertising / media
- A strong network of relevant clients and agency contacts -- and equally strong drive to get the Fresh EBT brand in front of new customers
- Previous start-up or entrepreneurial experience preferred; you’re excited about green space and you look forward to wearing many hats, doing grunt work, and constantly improving systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with senior-level clients
- Excellent relationship-builder with customer service orientation
- Great analytical skills and are comfortable with Excel
- A strong interest in building a business with a social mission
- Unrestricted work authorization in the US
- Competitive cash compensation (base + variable)
- 401k (including match)
- Full health/vision/dental insurance
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
- A fast-moving, get-stuff-done environment where you will be a major contributor to the business and culture on day one
- A strong mission and purpose that unifies our team