We’re looking for a Business Analyst to support business operations and strategy at Fresh EBT.
At Propel, we believe that low-income Americans should have access to modern, respectful, effective financial products. That’s why we built Fresh EBT. Fresh EBT is a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their government benefits and discover new resources. Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month to manage their benefits, making it one of the most widely used financial apps in the US. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here.
Fresh EBT works with advertising partners to help our users find new ways to save money and earn income. You will be responsible for executing and improving key day-to-day operations of our advertising business. You’ll also work directly with team leaders across an array of projects and functions in a fast-moving start-up environment. We're a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We're a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. If you’re looking to leverage your skills for social impact, come join us!
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact -- you’ll own significant portions of operations work
- Broad exposure -- you’ll gain all-around start-up experience and develop skills in client management, analytics, and operations
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
In this role you will:
- Set-up and update advertising campaigns for Propel partners
- Lead and grow key partner relationships
- Provide basic reporting and analytic support to partners
- Build internal processes and documentation to improve the efficiency of campaign set-up and management
- Provide other ad hoc support to the business team (e.g., build invoices, fill out RFPs, etc.) and other leaders
- Lead strategic projects on new business or partnership opportunities
- 2+ years work experience, with client-facing / account management experience a plus
- An analytical brain -- you’re highly proficient in Excel, with some exposure to HTML, CSS, and SQL a plus
- Incredible attention to detail -- building systems to double-and triple-check your work is inherent to how you work
- Openness to change -- you’re excited to do different things and field the occasional surprise
- Humility -- we all do all of the tasks, and no task feels too small; you expect and want to learn from our users
- Orientation to get stuff done -- you fight through ambiguity, learn new skills, and bias toward action
- Deep buy-in to the mission and purpose of Propel