We’re looking for a Product Operations Manager to help build a new financial product at Propel.
Today, Propel’s free Fresh EBT mobile app empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month, making Fresh EBT one of the most popular finance apps in the US. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here and here.
In 2019, Propel will be building a new financial product to help our users comprehensively manage their income and assets. We plan to leverage our existing app, broad user base, and deep user insights to build a best-in-class experience for low-income Americans.
You will be a core part of the team that designs, tests, launches, and scales this new product. You have extensive experience in payment operations with significant exposure to compliance, risk, and customer success. You are excited by ambiguity -- you like crunching data and digging into the details -- and by the idea of building something from the ground up.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We're a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. We’re looking for someone excited to leverage her or his business skills for social impact -- come join us!
Initial responsibilities include:
- Build first set of operational flows and internal processes for the financial product
- Build and manage relationships with banking, processing and card manufacturer partners
- Identify opportunities to simplify processes, limit risk, or increase operational efficiency; over time, build standardized and scalable processes for internal teams
- Dig into individual customer issues / CX cases to understand process gaps
- Work closely with the product team to scope new features
- Bring operations / compliance knowledge to all product development efforts in order to identify the best path to test and build new feature ideas
- Stay on top of emerging regulatory trends/requirements
- 5+ years experience at a fintech and/or in payments/banking
- Experience in payment operations (exposure to compliance, risk, customer experience ideal)
- Experience working with early-stage companies and making the right tradeoffs between speed and quality
- Experience analyzing data to identify performance opportunities -- and following through with process improvements
- Deeply analytical and structured problem-solver; very strong in Excel and comfortable with SQL
- Passionate about building great financial products for low-income Americans
- Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US
- Immediate ownership of operations and contribution to high-level product strategy
- A fast-moving, get-stuff-done environment where you will be a major contributor to the business and culture on day one
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn