We’re looking for talented, mission-driven people to join the Policy and Partnership team at Propel.
At Propel, we believe that low-income Americans should have access to modern, respectful, effective financial products. That’s why we built Fresh EBT. Fresh EBT is a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their government benefits and discover new resources. Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month to manage their benefits, making it one of the most widely used financial apps in the US. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here.
The Policy and Partnership team is responsible for working with, listening to, and learning from a diverse set of partners including federal government, state government, county government, community based organizations and the hunger and benefits access advocacy community. The engagement manager will be the Fresh EBT ambassador to public sector partners and not for profit organizations: to share Fresh EBT with new audiences, identify new resources to share with SNAP participants to improve financial health, and stay up to date on proposed SNAP policy and partnership changes that could impact SNAP participants.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We’re looking for someone excited to leverage your engagement and coalition building skills to do just that -- come join us!
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- Broad exposure -- you’ll gain all-around start-up experience
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- Flexible WFH policy in Brooklyn, Philadelphia or the surrounding areas
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the vision for the Policy and Partnerships team and work closely with the Head of Policy and Partnerships to execute on this plan
- Maintain and grow relationships with agency officials in the human services areas in order to maintain Propel as a trusted partner
- Cultivate new partnerships and build upon existing relationships with community-based organizations working on SNAP outreach and support, financial services for low-income families, food security, SNAP policy and advocacy, and related areas
- Represent Propel at conferences, partnership meetings, and external events
- Contribute to external communication via blog posts, newsletters, webinars, and reports
- Stay up to date on policy and partner developments related to SNAP across the country and develop a plan to execute and expand on Propel's efforts to elevate client voices
- Identify opportunities and lead special pilot projects and partnerships related to emergency relief, advocacy or other short-term needs to support SNAP participants
- You are an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy working collaboratively with diverse groups of people
- You are committed to improving the lives of vulnerable populations and value the role digital technology can play in helping make the government work better. And you want to convince others of this value.
- You are ready to apply a scrappy and persistent approach to identify and execute on new partnership strategies, including working with and recruiting diverse stakeholders and building cross sector relationships
- You have experience cultivating and managing partnerships with community and advocacy organizations and government entities
- You have worked with or for the public sector and have working knowledge and familiarity with SNAP - EBT and the public benefits landscape
- Minimum three years of work experience
- Direct experience utilizing or working with the public sector, in particular with SNAP / EBT at the state, federal or county level is a plus!
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.